This Privacy Statement (Privacy Statement.) explains how Taponix, Inc., affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and designees of Taponix, Inc. (TapCars.com.) uses personal information (.Personal Information.) and applies to all users of the TapCars.com sites. If you do not agree to our practices, please do not use the TapCars.com websites, use the TapCars.com services, or otherwise interact with TapCars.com.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us at Support@TapCars.com
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of TapCars.
- Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for Products or services, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
How TapCars Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information when you send TapCars any electronic communication (via an email or other website database form), enter contests as may be available from time-to-time, complete a user account, Product or service transaction(s), Online Application, or shopping cart data, as and when available.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with TapCars, the communication method or application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information.
HowTapCars Uses Personal Information
TapCars uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our website;
- Provide customers with offers for products and services fromTapCars, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests;
- Facilitate orders for Products or services;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
- Track redemption of Products or services and perform other analytics;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for TapCars Products or services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you aboutTapCars and our merchants and business partners, such as news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us; and
- Manage our everyday business needs such as website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Terms and Conditions or to comply with the law.
When and Why TapCars Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Sites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use the TapCars/TapClassifieds websites, your browser communicates with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers, which are then transmitted back to our website by your computers. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Personal Information, including financial information, by sending us an email at Support@TapCars.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our website. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of notice on the site when a change is made. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by TapCars pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to Support@TapCars.com, or by writing us at the following address:
3031 Tisch Way Suite 1002
San Jose, CA 95128
Please allow 30 days for a response